- Complete the application package (PDF), including the written statement worth 60% overall, and the resume worth 40% overall. It must be completed online using the mandatory format, printed, signed, and submitted by mail. Scoring guides (PDF) are available for reference. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Completed applications must be submitted to the Ministry no later than February 22, 2017, to:
Provincial Scholarships Program
Ministry of Education
PO Box 9886 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9T6
Selection of winners will be finalized after August 31, 2017
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Be in your graduation year with graduation to occur by August 31 of the school year in which you apply
- Be eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) and fulfill graduation requirements of the 2004 Graduation Program by August 31, 2017
- Have at least a:
- “B” (73% or above) in your Language Arts 11 final mark
- “B” average in final course marks that fulfill graduation requirements of Science 11 or 12, Math 11 and Social Studies 11 or 12, with no more than one “C+” (67% or above) final course mark, (marks lower than “C+” are not accepted)
- Maintain a “B” average or better in Grades 11 and 12 final course marks required for graduation
- Write and pass a Language Arts 12 provincial examination
You cannot win both a Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship and a BC Excellence Scholarship.
Your application package must include:
- Resume in the mandatory format
- Two reference letters, one from your community and one from your school
- A written statement, maximum 500 words, which describes why you want to be a teacher
Winners must redeem their vouchers within 7 years of their high school graduation. The expiry dates are shown on the vouchers. When redeeming, winners must provide a letter from their Faculty of Education confirming their enrolment in the K-12 teacher education program.
Schools will be notified in June if there is a conditional winner from their school. Winners will be notified directly in September when eligibility is confirmed.