The Overwaitea Food Group is proud to have partnered with UFCW Local 1518 to establish a Joint Diversity and Training Trust to support and maintain a respectful and positive working environment. Our goal is to work collaboratively to promote diversity awareness and build strong, healthy and mutually beneficial relationships within the diverse communities that we serve.
We help students who share this commitment by offering the Joint Diversity Scholarship.
Up to ten $1,000 scholarships are available and will be awarded to applicants who have promoted diversity awareness and acceptance in their in their community and have not previously received the Joint Diversity Scholarship.
This scholarship is available to students who are BC residents and are going to be pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited institution within the province of BC in the fall of 2017.
Applicants are asked to demonstrate how they promote diversity awareness and acceptance in their community.
Please click here to submit your online application. Applications will be accepted until May 1st.
*Some examples of activities that promote diversity awareness and acceptance include:
- Participating in clubs that promote cooperation between cultures.
- Volunteering with organizations to assist persons with disabilities.
- Assisting programs that support seniors.
- Helping new Canadians learn about their neighborhood.
- Fundraising to support diversity awareness (e.g., cultural awareness, homelessness, elder care, etc.).