BC Excellence Scholarships
****Students must be nominated for this scholarship by their school.
If you believe that we should nominate you, please see Mrs. Spencer!****.
- 55 Excellence Scholarships
- Winners will have
- Demonstrated community service, both inside and outside their schools
- Shown aptitude and commitment to their chosen career paths
They will receive a $5000 scholarship voucher to use for post-secondary tuition.
If nominated, the student must submit the application (PDF) to their school, who will forward it to their school district.
A student cannot win both a BC Excellence Scholarship and a Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship.
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Be enrolled in or graduated from a B.C. Grade 12 graduation program
- Be eligible for a BC Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) by August 31st of the school year in which they are nominated
- Have at least a:
- “B” (73% or above) in their Language Arts 11 final mark
- “B” average in Grade 11 final course marks that fulfill graduation requirements of Science 11, Math 11 and Social Studies 11, with no more than one “C+” (67% or above) final course mark, (marks lower than “C+” are not accepted)
- Maintain a “B” average in Grades 11 and 12 final course marks required for graduation
- Submit a resume
- Provide two references, one from their community and one from their school
- Provide a written statement (maximum 500 words) describing:
- What lead them to their community service, volunteer activity, and/or leadership role
- What they learned from this involvement
- How these skills/experiences will benefit them in their chosen career path