his program provides grant funding to encourage eligible students to attend targeted high priority programs at eligible B.C. public post-secondary institutions.
The program includes four components:
- Tools: Students in eligible programs may receive a $500 grant to purchase tools.
- Relocation: Students who move at least 100 km or more can apply to receive a grant of up to $4,000 (depending on distance moved) to assist with the cost of relocating to attend an in-demand program.
- Loan: Students receiving a B.C. student loan may receive a grant to replace a portion of the loan.
- Single students may have their B.C student loan reduced by up to $2,000;
- Students with dependants may have their B.C. student loan reduced by up to $5,400.
- Unmet need: Students whose StudentAid BC application shows an unmet financial need may receive a grant up to $6,500. This grant will be issued in two separate disbursements if the eligible unmet need is over $3,000.