- Awarded to a student proceeding to post-secondary academic or vocational training at any public institution in Canada.
- Must have at some time been registered with either the Cowichan Jr Field Hockey Assocand/or the Cowichan Field Hockey Association.
- Played a minimum of three years in either of those Associations.
- Maintained a C+ average for each of the last two years of secondary school education prior to graduation.
- Must show in a letter accompanying his/her application that he/she has contributed to school and community field hockey as a player, umpire and/or coach, and has shown an interest in sharing his/her skills with other players.
- Upon acceptance and written confirmation from the post-secondary institution, the bursary will be paid directly to the institute which the successful candidate will be attending.
- The bursary must be used within eighteen (18) months after receiving the award.
2 awards valued at $300