- The bursary shall be awarded to any deserving student who intends to pursue a career in the field
of education. This does not preclude students wishing to take undergraduate training in a faculty other than education prior to obtaining the necessary teacher training.
- A scholastic standing of not less than a “C+” average is required.
- Awarded annually unless at the discretion of the Committee there is no eligible applicant.
- The application to include the financial circumstances of the student and his/her family.
- The award shall be paid to the Registrar of any accredited post-secondary institution upon written confirmation of acceptance received by the Committee from the recipient of the award.
- In the event that the recipient does not continue his/her studies during the year, any sum remaining from fees shall be returned to the C.D.T.A.
- Normally, the award will be paid out in the year following graduationIn certain circumstances and with a written request to the CDTA, an extension may be granted.
- Children or grandchildren of CDTA members or retired members be given preferred consideration in the determination of the recipients of the CDTA bursaries.
1 award valued at $1200
Application form: Cowichan District Teacher’s Association