Coastal Community is proud to be offering the Coastal Community Scholarship Program again this year.
The Scholarship program is open to grade 12 students planning to attend full time undergraduate study at an approved college or university, trade school or special interest school. In order for the students to be eligible, we ask that they submit a plan for a project to improve their community. We would like them to look closely at their community and see where they can make a difference. We ask that they Keep It Simple!
Coastal Community will be awarding 8 scholarships of $2000 each. In addition, 2 students will be chosen as the overall winners and will also receive $1000 to implement their community project and once their projects are completed they will also receive an additional $500 towards their scholarship.
If you are chosen to implement your project:
- You will receive an additional $500 scholarship at the completion of your project.
- You will be awarded up to $1000 to help with the implementation of your project.
- People involved in helping implement your project must be volunteers.
- You project must be completed by August 31, 2015.
- You must sign a project agreement and waiver prior to your project implementation.
- Upon completion of your project, you must provide a final project report to Coastal Community.
This program is being offered to students across Vancouver Island wide and the Gulf Islands.One of the 8 scholarships will be allocated to a student of Coastal Community employees.
Submit your application, your plan, and a recent photo of yourself by April 1, 2015. The application will be available on the website along with a sample project outline.
Please Note: Coastal Community reserves the right to realign the distribution of scholarships should there be inadequate or insufficient applications.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kristin Hocking at 250.716.2834 or 1.888.741.1010
Tips for developing your project plan:
Remember to include:
- Your budget – and remember you have up to $1,000 to work with
- Timeline – when will your project take place
- Project Team – do you need help to implement your project? Who do you know that is willing to volunteer to help?
- Why you are passionate about this project – How will it help your community, what need does it address?
What support can you expect from Coastal Community to help implement
your community project?
- Up to $1,000 to help with costs
- Volunteers – we may be able to help, just let us know what you need us to do
- Tents – we have outdoor tents we may be able to bring (sizes vary from 10×10 to 20×20)
- Use your imagination…we are here to help so together we can build healthier island communities!